- Sterling Global has adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which Sterling Global collects, uses, discloses, stores, secures and disposes of your personal information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not, and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Sterling Global may collect the following information:
- individual and company data including, entity name, postal and email address, contact numbers;
- profile of existing and potential purchasers of property and investors;
- parties making enquiries via Sterling Global’s various websites;
- in relation to financial products issued by Sterling Global, bank account details and tax file number details;
- transaction information; and
- information in relation to other people who come into contact with Sterling Global.
- This is not an exhaustive list as Sterling Global may be required to collect further information in fulfilment of its service to customers.
- Sterling Global may collect personal information in ways including:
- telephone, letter, fax or email;
- enquiry forms or questionnaires,
- inbound and outbound telemarketing campaign;
- surveys or providing feedback;
- exhibition attendance,
- competitions or promotions;
- conversations between you and Sterling Global’s representatives; or
- contracting with Sterling Global.
Collection of Personal Information
- When visiting Sterling Global’s website, Sterling Global may also collect and store the following details:
- IP address and domain name from which you access Sterling Global’s website or services;
- the date and time you access Sterling Global’s website or services;
- any third party website from which you linked to our website or accessed Sterling Global’s service;
- statistics on page views, traffic to-and-from our website and services; and
- other transactional information about your access to Sterling Global’s website or services.
- Sterling Global may use information collected via its website for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purpose. Sterling Global Website may use “cookies” to help personalise an individual’s online experience. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of Sterling Global’s website.
- When transmitting personal information from a computer to Sterling Global’s website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from the site may not be secure, and you should take special care in deciding what information to send to Sterling Global via e-mail. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Sterling Global will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosures of that information.
Sterling Global Website
- Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
- Sterling Global will not actively seek to collect sensitive information. If Sterling Global does need to seek sensitive information, it will do in accordance with the APPs.
- Sterling Global collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information about individuals for any or more of the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to notify you about Sterling Global’s activities and campaigns, including direct marketing of Sterling Global’s products or services;
- to notify you about new developments Sterling Global believes may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about promotions, competitions or specisal offers about products or services offered by Sterling Global, as well as products or services offered by carefully selected third parties;
- to facilitate the running of promotions, competitions or special offers about products or services offered by Sterling Global, as well as products or services offered by carefully selected third parties;
- collecting payment from you;
- for the sale or transfer of all or part of the business of the company;
- to comply with Australian law or a court or tribunal order;
- for third parties engaged for any of the above purposes.
- Where practicable, the purpose for which Sterling Global collects personal information will be made clear at the time of collection.
- External parties may be given access to personal information held by Sterling Global in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Sterling Global’s contractors, consultants, advisers and service providers who assist Sterling Global in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service;
- joint venture partners for the purposes of seeking relevant regulatory approvals;
- third party lenders and insurers;
- the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and to other regulatory authorities or government agencies as agreed to or required by law;
- anyone authorised by a provider of personal information;
- relevant parties in situations when Sterling Global is required by law to provide the information.
- Third parties to whom Sterling Global discloses personal information may from time to time be located overseas, including, but not limited to, our partners and affiliates in China. You consent to any such overseas disclosure and acknowledge APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure.
- If you do not wish Sterling Global to use or disclose your personal information in any of the above ways, please contact us.
Use and Disclosure of Individuals’ Personal Information
- If Sterling Global uses or discloses personal information about you for:
- direct marketing then you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from Sterling Global and Sterling Global must give effect to the request within a reasonable period of time; or
- the purposes of facilitating direct marketing by other organisations then you may request Sterling Global not to use or disclose the individual’s information for the purpose of facilitating direct marketing by other organisations and Sterling Global must give effect to the request within a reasonable period of time.
- You may also request Sterling Global to be provided with the source of the information and Sterling Global must do so within a reasonable period of time after the request was made unless it is impractical or unreasonable to do so.
Opt-out of Direct Marketing
- Where reasonable and practicable to do so, Sterling Global will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances Sterling Global may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case Sterling Global will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
- Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, Sterling Global will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the Personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Security of Personal Information
- You may access the personal information Sterling Global holds about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing.
- Sterling Global will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
- In order to protect your personal information Sterling Global may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Access to your Personal information
- It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date. Sterling Global will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information Sterling Global has is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so Sterling Global can update our records and ensure Sterling Global can continue to provide quality services to you.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
- This policy may change from time to time and is available on Sterling Global’s website.
Level 50, Rialto South Tower
525 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: +613 9629 8388
- Sterling Global will consider complaints made by an individual in relation to:
- a decision to refuse access to personal information the individual requests; or
- a decision not to correct personal information; and
will respond within a reasonable period after the complaint is received.
- Sterling Global’s response to a complaint is final.